"Out of all the things in life, Love is the most important thing. It's a blessing to be a blessing."

Thursday 1 January 2015

Testimonies for two oh one four

It's 2015 and I don't have school any time soon!

I just want to begin the year by thanking God about the two most amazing things that he has done.

1. Dream for you

This year had been filled with nothing except doubts in my own capabilities and my own passions.

Where was I to go from here? After my SPM (A major examination for Malaysians in public high schools) I would have to start applying to some college/university somewhere, and I didn't have a clue where that might be. Along the lines of February, my dreams of being an AVL Architect was dashed, and honestly at that point I wondered if it would be easier for me to just go and study business.

Worrying makes you come up with stupid plans.

At that point I basically gave up on life. School became useless and my passions became torturous.

And then the song came along.

Casting Crowns - Dream For You

Shared to me from a friend, I knew this was the first reminder in God's plan.


I surrendered it all back to God. Letting go of all my plans, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and a peace washed over me.

And then he sent the meanest guy I've ever met to become my Cinematic Art mentor, all gift wrapped from the USA.

"So why did you come back to Malaysia?" I asked him.
"I didn't want to, but when God smacks you on the head you better listen to him." He replied.

Go figure.
He doesn't even know it yet, but I'm pretty sure one of the reasons God called him back was me, and I will forever be grateful.

My eyes have been opened up to a whole new field that I was never interested in. I found a talent I never knew I had and I know I'm going in the direction that God wants me to go to.

Though God, did he have to be such a jerk?
This is dedicated to you Daniel Yee, for taking me under your wing, and teaching me what it feels like to be in a love hate relationship. Hope you're having a great New Year with your family. See you when you get back.

2. 412 Alien Generation Youth Camp

Most people who know me personally would know that even though I talk a lot, I'm not a talker. I have difficulty saying what I want to say and expressing my thoughts and opinions. Furthermore I'm getting old and tend to lose my train of thought more often. Keep that in mind as you continue to read this.

At youth camp, I was tired and fed up. My own spiritual walk was like a roller coaster, with struggles that would never go away and weary heart that felt burdened each passing day.

And that's how he used me to bless someone.

My struggles became something I could relate to with someone, and from there God's spirit of  sensitivity and wisdom took over.

I spoke, prayed and shared like I never did before. I said things that felt so powerful I knew they weren't my own. I prayed so hard I made someone cry. I even gave advice that I never thought of. Tell me who could it be except God working through me?

God turned my vices into someone's victory, and bestowed his wisdom in me that not only touched people, but also blessed me.



So that's my testimonies for the year, and I know there will be more to come in 2015. I would love to hear how your year went so please, leave a comment on great things that have happened to you in 2014. Thanks for continuing to support my blog. Until next time. Happy New Year!

Too lazy to check through so if there's any typos or weird words where there shouldn't be, ignore please and thank you.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Laddie! What a testimony, once again, it is always such a blessing to read your blogs :) Haha, I really hope that you Daniel can find your "meet-me-halfway" point and that God is able to use you to bless him as well! So glad to hear about your experience in camp. Indeed, God works in evident ways that even us, couldn't even realize it in us! God has a big plan for you, your journey will be in my prayers :)

    P.S: "God turned my vices into someone's victory, and bestowed his wisdom in me that not only touched people, but also blessed me." My fav quote because it is amazingly true!

    Shalom my friend, and God bless :)

    ReplyDelete